Who is your maid of honor? Flower girl? Ring Bearer? Here is a list of specific roles and the typical duties involved with them. Good luck!
1. Maid of Honor
- Plans the shower
- Plans the bachelorette party
- Keeps bridesmaids in line by staying on top of fittings and other tasks the bride has asked of them
- May make toast during rehearsal or reception dinner
- Bonus points for bringing emergency items like safety pins the day of the wedding
- Signs marriage license as a witness
- Holds the bride's bouquet during the ceremony
- Adjusts bride's train at the altar
- Carries the groom's ring down the aisle, typically on her thumb
Sisters come first. Otherwise ask your most loyal gal pal.
Warning! Since organizing and motivating are key duties of the MOH, choosing your lovable, but absent minded best friend should be avoided unless you’re prepared to do a lot of the heavy lifting yourself.
2. Matron of Honor
3. Best Man
- Acts as groom's right hand man through all stages of wedding planning
- Plans the bachelor party
- Keeps the groomsmen in line
- Makes sure the groom is on time to the ceremony
- Gives the wedding officiant their fee after the ceremony
- Sign's the marriage license as a witness
- Holds the bride's wedding ring during the ceremony
- Gives toast at reception
Brothers trump friends, just like the MOH.
Warning! Make sure the groom chooses someone that won't party too hard at the reception. He needs to be coherent, especially during the ceremony.
- Support team for the Maid of Honor and Bride
- Smiles when purchasing their bridesmaid's dress, even if it's hideous
- Helps with pre-wedding tasks when asked (addressing invites, planning the bachelorette party, making favors for the bridal shower, etc.)
- Constantly tells the bride she looks beautiful
- Plays surrogate hostesses to guests (telling them where things are, relating the schedule, etc.)
- Hits the dance floor running to encourage guests to party
Warning! Preferably, these girls (and guys if you have them) need to work well together. Don't bring two enemies on your team. Drama!
- Helps the best man plan
- Pays for bachelor party
- Serves as the groom's moral support system
- May double as ushers
- Decorates the getaway car
- Dances with dateless ladies and gets the party going
- Helps confused guests by telling them where things are and the schedule
6. Junior Bridesmaids
7. Flower Girl/Child
Warning! Be prepared for disruptions such as crying and not making it all the way down the aisle.
8. Ring Bearer
Warning! Again, be prepared for disruptions.